Sunday, July 21, 2013

Under the sea 2

Hi! Today I am sharing my second card for this month's Craft a Scene challenge - Under the sea.
 
Under the sea - Layers of ink
I used the same Hero Arts stamps as on my first Under the Sea card, but this time I used it on glossy cardstock. The three large fish were stamped first and then again on Eclipse tape, cut out and used as masks. Before colouring, I clear embossed the corals and shells, for a resist effect. The scene was coloured the same way as I colour most of my scenic stamping pieces - with dye inks and a Colorbox Stylus tool, starting with the lightest colour and gradually building up darker shades.

After colouring the water I removed the masks and coloured the fish with a craft nib and yellow and orange inks.

I splattered the card with water, to create the droplet effects. This technique works very well on glossy cardstock. I covered up the sand with a scrap paper since I didn't want too many drops there and added texture to the sand by sponging on a darker shade of brown ink. The corals were stamped a second time with a dark blue ink, placed a bit to the side of the embossed impressions, for a shadow effect.

Thank you for stopping by! There is still plenty of time to join us in this month's challenge.

Happy Stamping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts: Fish and Shells CL486
Ink: Adirondack: Aqua, Denim; Distress Ink: Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey; Archival Ink Jet Black; Versamark
Embossing powder: Ranger clear powder
Surface: Kromecote glossy cardstock; Core'dinations Tim Holtz Color-Core cardstock
Adhesive: Judikins Eclipse Art Masking tape

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Anna-Karin... love how you did it... I hardly ever make cards and when I see ones like this I just want to give it a try....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Anna-Karin, beautiful work :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card !Loved the way you have done water and bubble in it,the embossed corals n shell and the fishes are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous!!! I love all of the stamping and coloring techniques. The depth that you get with the color on glossy cardstock is amazing. Beautiful make Anna-Karin! Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!