Saturday, June 23, 2012

Imagine: Scenic Stamping layout

Hi everyone! This week we have a really beautiful case file at CSI, and a colour combo that works for a lot of photos and topics. It is already time for case file #25, to celebrate there is a bit of a twist to the challenge this week. I hope you can play along with us. Here's the case file:

When I saw the photo and the colours I immediately knew I wanted to do a piece of scenic stamping. This is the fourth full-sheet (8.5x11in) layout I make for my son where I place him into the scene, together with some journaling (in this case a stamped sentiment and some more text behind the layout).  You can find the others here, here and here.



From the evidence items I used: architectural elements, foliage, clouds, shadows. From the journaling items I was inspired by the word ‘majestic’.  I added a journaling page behind the layout, writing about the importance of having the courage to imagine.

The scene got just the reaction from him I expected, since this looks like exactly something my son would want to do in real life: he immediately said that he wants to ride a train too.

After having promised to do a tutorial on scenic stamping for a while, I finally remembered to take all the step-by-step photos of the colouring process (I usually forget many of them). I will post the tutorial tomorrow, I just need to write the text.

Thank you for looking!

Anna-Karin 

Supplies: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz On the Railroad, District Warehouse; Beeswax castle; Stampscapes: Buck 008A, Cloud Cumulus 018E, Foliage 035A, Migrating Birds 152D, Spotted Horse 155A, Horse 171A, Oak Tree Sm. 177B, Oak Branch 203G, Oak Row 223F, Oaks and mist 224F, Maple Pair 239D, Maple Trio 240B, Shagbark Hickory Sm. 241E, Shagbark Hickory 242G, Tree Cluster 244E, Sedge Filler 251C, Tal Grass Sm. 254B, Prickly Branches 272G, Soft Hill 278F.

Inks: Adirondack: Willow, Aqua, Stonewashed, Oregano, Pesto, Espresso, Mushroom, Denim; Distress Ink: Bundled Sage, Frayed Burlap, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen; Memento: Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa (ink and markers); Archival Ink Jet Black and Coffee; Colorbox Frost White; white gel pen: Kromekote glossy cardstock.

1 comment:

  1. Simply amazing! How cute with Anton riding the train! Can't wait to read your tutorial!

    Have I told you lately how happy I am to have you on my team?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!