Tuesday, May 22, 2012

12 tags of 2012 May

Hi everyone! I had lots of fun making Tim’s May tag of 12 tags of 2012. Here is my version:

 I did the background much the same as Tim, stamping on clothing pattern tissue paper – I used Archival Ink Olive and Plum. Instead of stamping the dress form, I decided to use the dress form die, because I enjoy dressing it up in different ways. I painted it cream and embossed the stand with Platinum powder. The body was covered with quite a thick layer of Glossy Accents and I put vintage buttons into it. Then I sprinkled two sizes of pearl mica flakes over the whole thing, which got stuck to all the places where there were no buttons. 


I once found bags and bags of vintage buttons in a shop for almost nothing. They had been cut from old clothing and needed a scrub before they could be used. I love having such a bit supply of buttons at home.

I love UTEE, and loved the look of the faux porcelain flowers Tim made. The flowers were inked with Aged Mahogany, Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac.


I couldn’t find a wooden spool at home, so instead I made a spool with grungeboard using a spool die. It was painted first cream and then dry-brushed with brown. I also added three wooden buttons to the tag.



Thank you for stopping by!!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Attic Treasures; Sizzix Sewing Room Bigz die; Distress ink: Frayed Burlap, Aged Mahogany, Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac; Distress Stain Aged Mahogany; Tim Holtz Idea-ology reinforcers, measuring tape and hanger; Ranger Platinum embossing powder; grungeboard; Jenni Bowlin paint dabbers; US ArtQuest mica flakes; sewing pattern; wooden buttons; white paper flowers; UTEE; vintage buttons; cheese cloth.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- that dress form is AWESOME!! What a killer idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I'm in love with your dress form! Amazing results! Please, I may have to lift this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe its cuz i'm a girl, but i think your's looks way better than T!M's!! wink!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, A-K, the detail on this is just incredible! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this wonderful! dress, flawers, love it tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this tag is stunning! The dress form is so beautiful, I love the vintage buttons. Very feminine, well done you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. L-O-V-E the button covered dress form, brilliant! And your faux porcelain flowers turned out fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pearl buttons and sparkle dress! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting idea with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great tag! Love your dress of buttons and glitter..So pretty..Your flowers turned out great too...Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your detailing, but especially your button mosaic on the dress form. You always have cool stuff going. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my AK this is stunning you truly are an artist when it comes to this style of work. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!