Saturday, March 24, 2012

CSI Case File #12: Follow your dreams

Hello everyone! Today I am sharing my layout for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration Case File 12. Here’s the layouts of the rest of the design team, and this is the beautiful inspiration panel:


I loved the monochromatic colour palette and the inspiration photo made me think if scenic stamping, so I stamped a scene as a base for my layout.


From the evidence items I used: clouds, silhouette-cut a photo, something fluffy, stars, hot-air balloon. From the testimony items I used: document a journey/dream, magic and drift.

The scene is done on glossy cardstock and coloured with dye inks, using a Colorbox Stylus Tool. The star backgrounds were stamped with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink and the clouds were stamped with Distress Ink Pine Needles, Evergreen Bough, Archival Viridian, and Distress Ink Bundled Sage, in that order. I stamped the clouds in a circle going from dark to light. The scene was coloured with basically the same inks, starting from light and going darker. Highlights and more stars were added with a white gel pen. Mist was added by dry brushing white pigment ink on to the scene. I used a quote as my journaling because I thought it worked really well for the message I wanted to convey with my layout. The title was stamped with alphabet stamps. I also added three different bird stamps.

The hot-air balloon was made by cutting a circle from white cardstock, adding strips of double-sided tape and then folding gauze over it, making for a very fluffy and light balloon. I had the perfect photo of my son in a basket, which worked well together with the balloon.

Thank you for looking and have a great weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stampscapes stamps: Cloud Cumulus 018E, Cloud Cumulus 019G, Ducks in Formation 027A, Milky Way Lg. 059, Flock 113B, Migrating Birds Lg. 151E, Star Birth 217G, Scenic Sentiment sheet 2; Hero Arts and PSX letter stamps; Adirondack ink: Pitch Black, Juniper; Distress Ink: Pine Needles, Evergreen Bough, Bundled Sage; Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black and Viridian; Colorbox Frost White; gauze; twine.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the stars and the clouds! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Very talented! Love the entire project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo very cool.....love the baby in the basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to say; this is probably the most beautiful layout I have ever seen! I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I live everything on it! The clouds so beautiful! It looks like a dream on earth!
    Warm greetings from Austria,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!